Forecast for tomorrow (Tue 29 Nov)

Forecasts, comments about forecasts, your own forecasts

Forecast for tomorrow (Tue 29 Nov)

Postby JohnVelindre » 2011 Nov 28, 19:12

Tomorrow looks interesting - active cold front? any chance of a tornado outbreak?
JohnVelindre

Re: Forecast for tomorrow (Tue 29 Nov)

Postby Darren Rogers » 2011 Nov 29, 10:32

Don't know about a Tornado, but I'm sure the folks of Whitehaven will be looking out.

I do know that our 'dry' month up here in Cumbria is no longer and it wouldn't take too much for me to record my 4th successive month of 100mm+ rainfall (currently stand at 80.1mm).

Forecast for the whole week looks interesting.

I guess that We could put up a new topic for 'Winter forecasts'? and see what happens - but who would have predicted such a mild Autumn?
Darren Rogers
Maulds Meaburn
Cumbria (Half way between Shap and Appleby)

http://www.mauldsmeaburnweather.co.uk
Darren Rogers

Location: Cumbria - half way between Shap and Appleby in the Eden valley

Postby Peter Wright » 2011 Nov 30, 10:50

That 'active cold front' which looked quite menacing on the radar as it moved E, gave us the princely sum of 1.1mm. Just like every system moving from W without exception over the past few months, it died out as it came.
Edgmond, Nr Newport Shropshire. N Shropshire Plain, rain shadow of the Welsh hills, sheltered from all snow directions, exposed to Cheshire Gap showers, otherwise similar to rest of inland England.
Peter Wright

Postby Peter Wright » 2011 Nov 30, 11:06

Re Maulds Meaburn: Our last month with above 100mm was November 2009. Current year stands at 443mm, with a month and a day to go. Annual average 1981-2010 is 712mm.
Edgmond, Nr Newport Shropshire. N Shropshire Plain, rain shadow of the Welsh hills, sheltered from all snow directions, exposed to Cheshire Gap showers, otherwise similar to rest of inland England.
Peter Wright

Postby Darren Rogers » 2011 Nov 30, 13:06

I think i will do 100mm this month.
Now at 93mm and th forecast is for plenty of rain before 0900hrs on the 1st - that will make for the 4th successive 100mm+ month.

Edgmond - Your figures, especially the annual mean would = a dry year up here!!
I've only got full yearly figures for 2008 onwards, but everyone apart from 702.9mm last year have had 1000mm+ and I'm on the dry, east, side of Cumbria.

Its odd though - I have the 1916-50 mean rainfall figures Met'O book and Appleby (just 5 miles away) had a mean of some 8-10 inches less than myself.
But go 5 miles to my west and Shap and I'm probably 15-20% less than there.
Darren Rogers
Maulds Meaburn
Cumbria (Half way between Shap and Appleby)

http://www.mauldsmeaburnweather.co.uk
Darren Rogers

Location: Cumbria - half way between Shap and Appleby in the Eden valley

Return to Forecasts