Purging of threads

This forum is for questions, comments and requests related to this Bulletin Board.

Purging of threads

Postby Angus Tyner » 2012 Aug 25, 10:12

Is it still the case that some sections have auto delete of threads after a certain period of inactivity?
I would like to know if this has been fixed? So that the threads remain indefinitely.

There is nothing before end of June (for last post) in Everything Else Weatherwise section and early May in Daily discussion
Ashford Co. Wicklow
Met Eireann Climatological station number 975
COL station number EI018
My Weather Station
Angus Tyner

Re: Purging of threads

Postby Admin » 2012 Aug 27, 18:02

Angus: I did look into this, and found that for some forums the purging had been unintentionally left on. I cured the problem, I think, and posted a note in the Announcements forum on July 31.

I hope that the date limits you observed were purged before I had made that correction. But thanks for noticing, and if you notice it happen to any later dates, please mention it. (Sorry, but there's no way of testing whether the correction has worked until the problem doesn't happen!)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angus Tyner » 2012 Aug 28, 07:41

Thanks for clarifying. I overlooked or forgot the announcement which of course had already answered my query.

It was not anything recent that prompted my query so hopefully as you anticipate, it is fixed.
Ashford Co. Wicklow
Met Eireann Climatological station number 975
COL station number EI018
My Weather Station
Angus Tyner

Postby Peter Wright » 2013 Dec 28, 13:39

This is just a test posting to investigate subscribing.
Edgmond, Nr Newport Shropshire. N Shropshire Plain, rain shadow of the Welsh hills, sheltered from all snow directions, exposed to Cheshire Gap showers, otherwise similar to rest of inland England.
Peter Wright

Return to Bulletin Board